TUMO CENTER MANAGER
TUMO CENTER FOR CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIES
Stepanakert | Artsakh
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and loyal individual who will take on the role of TUMO Center Manager in Stepanakert. The Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the center, coordinating the implementation of the TUMO educational program and activities, and liaising with the headquarter in Yerevan.
How We Are Expanding in Armenia
TUMO opened its doors in 2013 to the first center outside of Yerevan in the town of Dilijian. Shortly following the expansion, TUMO Gyumri opened in 2015 in a temporary location that it quickly outgrew, reaching over 2,000 active students. It will be moving to the historic first theater of Gyumri, which TUMO is currently renovating to accommodate up to 4,000 students. TUMO Stepanakert became the third location to open within Armenia through the TUMOxAGBU partnership. It is housed on the first floor of a historic building donated by the government of the Artsakh Republic and renovated by Karabakh Telecom. Over 2,000 students currently attend the center, many of them from surrounding cities and villages. Having grown beyond its planned capacity, TUMO Stepanakert is expected to expand to the second floor, almost doubling in size. A new TUMO center in Armenia’s north-eastern border village of Koghb is expected to open its doors in 2020 thanks to a partnership with the local Koghb Foundation.
Expansion beyond Armenia
The first international TUMO Center opened in Paris in October 2018, located in the Forum des Images Center in the Les Halles section of Paris. Soon to follow TUMO Beirut opened in November 2018 where students are able to take charge of their own learning across ten focus areas in technology and design.
- Ensure smooth and efficient implementation of the Tumo program;
- Manage the overall team, student enrollment and the facility management;
- Act as a leader, motivating the team and ensuring they carry out their functions effectively and efficiently;
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the center activities including work distribution, quality monitoring and action plan follow up;
- Monitor the quality of delivered workshops and provide feedback to Educational Director;
- Support and encourage the professional development of the team members and provide necessary feedback and guidance to those who need improvement;
- Develop, prepare and analyze budgets and ensure a cost efficient use of resources in coordination with Yerevan headquarters;
- Regularly monitor the workflow and processes and make necessary proposals for improvements to maximize productivity;
- Represent TUMO in community events and host visitors;
- Ensure effective communication with students, parents and local counterparts with the support of the TUMO communication department;
- Manage all questions related to visiting workshop leaders and staff;
- Participate in developing and implementing special projects, staff recruitment and other tasks assigned by the CEO
- Suggest and initiate strategic partnerships with other organizations and individuals;
- Ensure Tumo’s participation in and relevance to the development of Stepanakert and NKR.
- Highly dynamic and active personality with proven experience of team management;
- Ability and willingness to lead, guide and motivate others towards a common goal;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to work in a changing environment
- Ability to assess and prioritize the different elements of a situation or problem and identify critical issues;
- Higher degree from a recognized university;
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, personal interaction, and public presentation in Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Accomodation allowance
- Health Insurance
- Travelers insurance
- Initial work permit
- Assistance in opening a bank account; free card provided for partner banks
- Overall repatriation counseling
- Birthday leave
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.
TUMO is an equal opportunity employer who values, supports and thrives on diversity. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need for all individuals; including those with disabilities