AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Open until filled
Classification: 12 Month Contract with Option to Extend
Primary Location: Oakland, CA
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning located in Yerevan, Armenia. AUA is affiliated with the University of California and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001. Students are admitted from Armenia and internationally.
Founded in 1991 to provide American style graduate education, AUA also launched an undergraduate program in fall 2013. It offers degrees in Business and Economics, Engineering Sciences, Public Health and in the Humanities and Social Sciences. This academic year, AUA has approximately 500 graduate students and more than 1,400 undergraduate students. AUA includes several research centers, a vibrant Extension Program, and community outreach programs providing continuing education for adults and professional development throughout Armenia.
The American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Oakland, California which provides academic and fiscal oversight to AUA’s operations and serves as the vehicle for philanthropic support of the enterprise. AUA revenues come from a combination of sources including tuition, operations, endowment income, grants, and private philanthropy. AUA is committed to an admission policy that is merit-based and provides tuition support to students based upon need.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Assistant supports the American University of Armenia’s Development Department in expanding its fundraising program through accurate database management, reporting, effective communications, administrative support, and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage gift and data entry,acknowledgment, record keeping and reconciliation
- Manage AUAC’s CRM database system and ensure data hygiene and integrity
- Track and maintain pledges and coordinate key donor contact reminders
- Provide various reports, both routine and specialized, to support the Development and Finance teams, including analytical reports and donor lists
- Carry out day-to-day administrative tasks for the Development and the Accounting offices (i.e., routing mail, filing, faxing, scanning and/or copying, going to the bank and neighboring buildings as needed)
- Respond to all general phone calls; distribute incoming mail; manage calendars of events, and travel arrangements
- Assist the Accounting office during the annual audit phase (on needed basis).
- Provide support to Secretary of the Board in administrative preparations of the board meetings, including reservations of air tickets, hotel and meeting rooms, and making catering arrangements.
- Order supplies and maintains organization of communal areas
- Support the Development Team with other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google suite
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- 2 years in a professional office setting
- Experience working with donor databases
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
This position is based out of AUAC’s office in Oakland, California. For consideration as a candidate for the position of Development Assistant, please send a cover letter and resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.